Frequently Asked Questions
SFS is an abbreviation for ‘Strategic Financial Solutions’.
Launched in May 2014 by SFS Capital Nigeria as Fund Manager. The Initial offer of N500 million was fully subscribed and listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange.
The SFS Fund is a mutual fund approved and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission
Please visit sfsfund.com via your web browser. This could be Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
Yes, the SFS Fund is legitimate and safe to invest in as the Fund is approved and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission who oversee regulating all finance investments in Nigeria.
Before investing in any fund, you must first identify your goal for the investment. Is your objective long-term capital gains, or is current income more important? Will the money be used to pay for college expenses, or to fund a retirement that's decades away?
Mutual funds offer investors a great way to diversify their holdings instantly. Unlike stocks, investors can put a small amount of money into one or more funds and access a diverse pool of investment options. So, you can buy units in a mutual fund that invests in as many as 20 to 30 different securities.
A mutual fund is a type of investment product where the funds of many investors are pooled into an investment product. The fund then focuses on the use of those assets on investing in a group of assets to reach the fund's investment goals.
The SFS Fund is an ‘AA’ (Double A) rated and carefully designed Savings/Financial Planning/Investment Product. The multiple award winning SFS Fund has consistently paid back principal and quarterly returns since inception almost a decade ago. The SFS Fund was awarded the BusinessDays’ Newspapers Best Performing Regulated Mutual Fund Investment in its category 3 times in a row.
The SFS Fund is a Collective Investment Scheme (“CIS”) and is usually also referred to as a Mutual Fund. A ‘CIS’ is formed by pooling funds of several individual and corporate investors and putting them under the management of the Fund Manager (SFS Capital) to make investments and distribute all profits to the contributors to the CIS. The Pooled Funds in a CIS enables SFS Capital to invest under better terms than a single investor and the multiple parties involved in a CIS usually ensures the protection of Investors.
The rules of the of the Securities & Exchange Commission prevents a CIS from using words like ‘Guaranteed’. However, the SFS Fund invests 100% of its Funds in Instruments with a 100% Principal Guarantee from the Federal Government of Nigeria: The Central Bank of Nigeria and ‘A’ rated corporates in Nigeria. Since inception of the SFS Fund (for almost a decade) all investors have received 100% of their principal plus very attractive Interest returns.
Your investment is for a minimum of 7 days. After which you may withdraw anytime.
The forms can be downloaded from our website www.sfsnigeria.com. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting for one or call us on 01 2801 400.
You can make additional investments the exact way you made your initial investment by utilizing any of our multiple channels.
The minimum investment is N5,000.00 and the maximum is N50,000,000 when investing via sfsfund.com.
The minimum amount which can be withdrawn from the Fund is N5,000.00.
Yes, it is possible to invest for your children in their individual names.
Yes, you get both a receipt and an e-certificate. The acknowledgement copy of the Application Form constitutes your receipt while an e-certificate, indicating the number of units held by you will be forwarded to you via email by us.
Subscribers would have online access to their investment details. Also, SFS Capital has a dedicated help desk to meet additional requirements and enquires.
Yes, many banks will accept units of the Fund as collateral for bank loans. However, this depends on each bank’s lending policy.
Distributions (Dividends) will be made to Unitholders quarterly on the Distribution Payment Date and if Distributions are payable in cash, Unit holders have the option of receiving same in their nominated account or reinvesting them in New Units at the current Price.
Yes, you can. You can put in a request on sfsfund.com or email email@example.com with details of the embassy you are applying to as well as any other details you feel we would need to include in the letter.
These are the some of the parties which provide oversight to the SFS Fund:
- SFS Capital Nigeria Limited – Fund Manager
- Stanbic IBTC Nominees – Custodians
- STL Trustees – Trustees
- Securities & Exchange Commission – Regulatory Oversight
The SFS Fund invests in the following types of investment:
- Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) Bonds
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Treasury Bills
- Selected Corporate Bonds and Commercial Papers with a minimum rating of ‘A’
100% of the SFS Fund is investment in instruments with a 100% Guaranteed Return. However, due to the pooled nature of the SFS Fund and all other CIS’, the exact rate of return is not a fixed rate like in a regular Bank account but, may vary slightly daily because investors enter and exit the fund daily.
Since inception of the SFS Fund, all its investors have received a very competitive return/interest in addition to their invested principal.
The Returns received by investors in the last 5 years in addition to their principal is as follows:
- 2016 - 10.22%
- 2017 - 19.02%
- 2018 - 14.48%
- 2019 - 13.29%
- 2020 - 9.27%
Some of the Advantages of the SFS Fund are:
- Exit Anytime: You can exit any time after 7 days of your investment. Funds would be credited to your account between 24 to 72 Hours after you make your request.
- Higher Interest Rate: It pays higher interest rate that most banking products in regular savings and fixed placements.
- Compounded Interest: The Fund automatically continually reinvests all interest earned which is compounded quarterly.
- Safety & Transparency: The Fund is overseen by multiple parties who are accountable to the investors: Fund Manager; Custodian; Trustee; Auditors and Securities & Exchange Commission.
- Regulated: The SFS Fund is Authorized & Regulated by the Securities & Exchange Commission
There are multiple ways to invest in the SFS Fund; some of them are listed below:
- Log on www.sfsfund.com and follow 3 simple steps
- Complete the Application Form and transfer funds to Account No: 0012958477; Account Name: STL/SFS Fixed Income Fund; Bank Name: StanbicIBTC
- Call or Email SFS Capital Nigeria Limited on 0818-545-4545 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- USSD: call *884” If you have an MTN number.
To invest above N50 Million, please call us directly.
Your investment may take up to 48 Hours to show on your online account.
- Withdraw seamlessly on www.sfsfund.com and follow the 3 simple steps online.
- You can fill out our Redemption Form and send to email@example.com
- Call or email SFS Capital Nigeria Limited on 0818-545-4545 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- USSD: MTN Users should dial *884#
Please note that withdrawn amount may take between 24 to 72 Hours to show in your designated bank account.
Simply do a formal letter requesting for a change of name and email this to email@example.com . You can also submit this at our office address. However, please note that this letter is to be supported with the following documents: Newspaper publication of change of name, Marriage certificate (where applicable), Sworn Affidavit of change of name and Bankers’ Confirmation Letter.
Please for further enquiries or clarifications, do not hesitate to contact:
The Fund Manager, SFS Fixed Income Fund
SFS Capital Nigeria Limited
c/o 287 Ajose Adeogun Street Victoria Island Lagos